Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Imitation Crab.

I love this stuff, I have been eating it with some wheat saltines and colby jack cheese sticks. But when I mentioned it to my friends, they had not ever heard of it, and we all wondered what it was made from!

So, for some food for thought: 

Crab sticks (imitation crab meat, seafood sticks, krab) are a form of kamaboko, a processed seafood made of finely pulverized white fish flesh (surimi), shaped and cured to resemble leg meat of snow crab or Japanese spider crab.[1]
Crab flakes use the same mixture to form flakes instead of sticks to resemble crab meat or lobster meat.

Thank you Wikipedia...Nommy Nommy fish flesh... Oh well, we all knew it came from the sea originally right? So I guess I will keep enjoying this delicious snack. Mostly because it tastes like crab, and hey, when it's cheaper than real crab, why not save the cute little crab and let him swim around a few more days? 

Anywho, the more you know! Enjoy your new fact of what imitation crab is actually from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment